You have probably watched different movies for a number of times already and if you notice, there are some scenes in a typical movie that is quite risky though you will probably just assume that it is camera trick. Though there are instances that some of the scenes are not really real like they are just the product of technology, but there are also scenes where the actors are really doing them like when they do some stunts and so on. When they will collapse a building, some of them are real like they really collapse that building though it might not be that really such a big building like what they wanted the viewers to assume. The bottom line here is, in a typical movie production, there are a lot of risky situations. This is why, it is advisable for every filmmaker to get a film insurance before starting to shoot a movie or a tv series.
Below are some facts about film insurance:
– First of all, when you say film insurance, this pertains to a policy that covers all aspects of a production like the rushes, equipment, the actors, locations and still many others like everything that is related to the production will be covered.
– Those who should be covered by the film insurance are those who are running a film production company, photographers, videographers, multi-media companies, cinematographers, tv production companies and everyone who is in similar type of business.
– When you plan to get the film insurance, you should first seek out a reliable film insurance company so that you can consult from them the kind of film insurance you will get for your project. This will depend on the current project you are making like if it is a movie, a tv series, a documentary and so on.
– You can also get location insurance. This type of insurance will cover the damages that might possibly be incurred to the location or the site of the shooting like if a building will be scratched and so on.
– Note that there are already many insurance companies that you can do business with but you should do your selection well. Check out their policies well so that you will not be in trouble when the need to claim about something will arise. Don’t assume that all insurance companies provide the same policies thus you should always read everything about the policy before affixing your name.
– You also need employer’s liability so that this will cover the unpaid cast of the production. This is not just an option actually but you are really required to have this if you are shooting a movie or even just a small documentary film.
Being in a film making business, it means that you are so busy and will hardly have time to deal with some problems. The film insurance should be able to assist you in case accidents will happen while shooting a movie or any film.