Some people don’t go for timber floors because they think it will cost them a lot. But did they know that this type of flooring provides many benefits which can outweigh its costs? Here they are:
– A good quality timber can last up to a decade, even twenty years if properly maintained. Meanwhile, carpets usually only have a 5-year lifespan.
– They are a lot easier to clean. Simple vacuuming and mopping will already do the trick. Even if you spill something on your flooring, just wipe it with a damp cloth and it will be gone. This is unlike a carpet which you need to wash and use cleaning soap to remove the stain.
– Compared to carpets, timber floors are highly more hygienic. Carpet is prone to parasites, moulds, and mites, affecting your pets and family’s health. Since timber doesn’t attract these allergens and dust, you will also have a better indoor air quality in your home.
– Timber wood can give your home natural heat, meaning you don’t need to use your heater all day long saving you more on utility bills.
– After few years, your timber flooring will have light scratches. However, don’t worry as sanding and sealing can make it look like brand new again. This is cheaper compared to changing carpets, or replacing bricks, etc.
– The beauty of timber wood is it timeless, unlike tile patterns and linoleum that may go out of style. So, if you have this in your home, except that it won’t look outdated even after centuries.
– For selling: Many agents find homes with wood flooring easier to sell than those that have stones, carpets, tiles flooring. Moreover, it can also increase the value of your home.
However, to enjoy all its benefits, you must install for a high-quality timber and just settle with a trustworthy supplier like us. You can visit our site here http://timberflooringonline.net.au/ to know more.